Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Welcome 2016


Happy New Year everyone! It's 2016 and crunch time basically for me.  May is Doula Appreciation month and I will be busy finally accepting clients and hopefully doing a large amount of education within the community and inner city Cleveland.  Educating the community as well as giving back to the community is what Ujima Doula services was founded upon.

The certification process in my opoinion is more stringent than other organizations but DONA International is one of the largest and well known doula organizations online and very reputable among the birthing community. That makes me happy as well as proud to be able to have those credentials behind my name and when I introduce myself I can say that I was certified by one of the premiere organizations for birth workers that boasts thousands of birth and postpartum doulas on an international level.

So from now until March I'll continue on with the required reading, continue to network and learn all the business and marketing skills necessary, so once  May rolls around I'll be able to take clients and  have a few lined up.  The first week in March I will be traveling to New York for the three day intensive training. I'm beyone  excited about traveling and getting back into a classroom setting and even more excited to be more than seventy five percent finshed with my journey.

February 2016 I will unveil my business website and start the marketing process. I'm very lucky and blessed to have an online educational outlet so to speak because if I didn't I would be lost so a big shout out to all the postpartum doula and full spectrum doula groups that I belong to. Stay tuned folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment