Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Doula year in Review 2015


I wanted to do a blog post about my year in review. It's crazy about my plans for the year that sometimes didn't always happen.  This time last year I really thought that I would be working as a postpartum doula but because of some unforeseen circumstances I had to stop my doula education and get a regular 9-5 to pay the bills.  That initially was the BAD, in my opinion. That is really the only thing that I will consider bad regarding me beginning my journey as a Doula.

I have however had some really good things happen this year. I've really thought about a list and here it is:

  • I started a group on Facebook for full spectrum doulas
  • I found a local birthworkers group(doulas and midwives) that meet regularly and I've made some pretty awesome connections there.
  • I've educated more people about what a doula is and how they can help their family.
  • I designed a business page on Facebook for my business, Ujima Doula Services.
  • I've found webinars and various podcasts associated with doula work to further educate me.
  • I've been using Twitter and other social media outlets to get the word out about my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment