Thursday, September 10, 2015

Learning and Networking

I've been doing alot of networking lately. I've joined several groups on Facebook that cater to doulas, groups for postpartum groups and doulas of color and a group of doulas.  Actually, I started up my own group for doulas who identify as full spectrum and those who desire to do full spectrum work. It's a slow working process but I have been networking and learning from these wonderful women. I've also been connected to doulas who live in and around my city. I'm really excited about that because when I started on my journey to become a doula I was met with resistance from other doulas in the area when I asked for advice.

It hurt me a little but it made me realize that this is a business and some people don't desire to see others succeed in it. I am very grateful for the Internet in itself because it has allowed me to find information and speak to people who I may not have the opportunity without it. I've connected with postpartum doula friends in New York and in California. Just casual chatting has made me desire to learn more about the business and move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment