Sunday, September 27, 2015

Learning and growing...

I'm really grateful for social media, despite the fact that I think it can be a hindrance to some people I have connected with so many people. Within the past few months of being on Twitter and Facebook I've had the opportunity to connect with other doulas and birth workers who have the same views as I do. I've also connected with other doulas of color who share my passion and that in itself has been VERY important.

The whole point is to educate and empower my community and other women of color to embrace their bodies and childbirth as something natural and not foreign. I always find interesting articles on Twitter from other doulas and midwives who have so much information and knowledge to share. It's amazing!!!

I came across this article on Twitter last night and wanted to share it with you guys. It's a nice article on a blog that talks about taking care of your body in the postpartum period.  Creating yor Babymoon: A guide for healing postpartum

No comments:

Post a Comment