Sunday, September 13, 2015

Doula misconceptions

Sadly, most people don't know what a doula is. So when I do tell them what I am studying to become they are like huh, what is that!!?? What's a doula? Then I have to give them the definition of what a birth doula is and what a postpartum doula is.  I'm training to be a postpartum doula right now because I feel that's a passion of mines to help women and families after birth. But among the people who do know what a postpartum doula is. There are several misconceptions. Most misconceptions are that we are baby nurses or baby sitters. We are neither of those things but our job entails some of those things along with pet sitter, housekeeper, therapist and best friend at times.

So this is a article that I found that will give a more in depth look at some of the common misconceptions on what postpartum doulas are. Doula misconceptions

No comments:

Post a Comment