Tuesday, September 13, 2016

I just wanna be a doula!!!

I say this constantly to myself. I just wanna be a doula..I want to support women during an abortion or a miscarriage and after she gives birth.  Yes, I can be pro choice and still want to support women and families. It's a part of health care for women. Abortion and miscarriage has been so stigmatized that people don't realize that it's needed.  I will admit I've felt defeated at times when I've tried to volunteer and get my face out there so that I can gain experience but has been shut out. It just makes me want to push even more. I won't give up despite some of the adversity and set backs.  Once I'm finished with my postpartum certification I feel like I can successfully advertise more.

I was given the idea to support women over the phone during a medical abortion which is a great idea that I'm toying with.  I'd love to be able to support women across the country. Recently I've had the crazy idea of the traveling doula.  I really just want to help and support others.  I just want to be a doula...

If you're considering on having a medical abortion or knows someone who is please contact me.  I can be emailed at ujimadoulaservices@gmail.com or by phone (216) 282-6972

No comments:

Post a Comment