Friday, June 10, 2016

Updates....and more updates



Hello everyone out there in the blogoshere! I know it's been over 2 months since I posted but I have truly been busy.  I'm in the process of finally writing a handbook for full spectrum doulas.  I've always wanted to  write something for full spectrum doulas and people who want to provide support for anyone experiencing abortion, miscarriage or stillbirth.  Currently I'm in the editing phase and depending on how long that takes the handbook could be available online as an ebook within two weeks.

I also ordered business cards specifically for my full spectrum business. It was exciting to finally have a physical card to pass out. The hardest part about being a full spectrum doula is marketing. How do I market and where do I market at are some of the questions that I've had to ask myself as well as my other doula sisters.  I decided to get really creative and leave them on the city buses and trains. I also left some at the Greyhound station and at coffee shops.  I've also written a letter of introduction to local clinics and medical providers who may have patients that might possibly need support during a miscarriage or pregnancy termination.

Honestly, it's been rough to maintain a positive attitude in regards to marketing the full spectrum side of my business. There are so many ways to market yourself as a birth or postpartum doula but relatively no ways to truly market the full spectrum business. I've just been taking to social media and remaining vocal about reproductive justice and rights.  Hopefully soon I can volunteer more at our local abortion clinic to get experience providing support.  The biggest marketing strategies are word of month and building healthy relationships with the community in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment