Monday, April 11, 2016

Don't lose the faith!!

I will be the first to admit that I've felt like giving up on my dreams to be a birth worker.  There's been financial difficulties and marketing difficulties. I've even had some self doubt whether I could make a living as a full spectrum/postpartum doula.  Switching careers after 10 plus years of one field to the next has been difficult. Some days I truly lose my faith then I see an article or hear about one of my doula sisters making changes within her community and I get a renewed sense of joy. My goals that I'm working towards become real and I realize that I can't quit or give up.

Some days I really wish that I could just travel around the country and support women and families. i want to just immerse myself in my work and devote my time to helping as many people as possible.  Birth work and supportive services are so necessary for women and families. I wish every women could have a doula during labor and afterward. I wish that insurance companies paid for these supportive services for the poor and low income women who would benefit from it the most.

Recently, I ordered my business cards to market the full spectrum aspect.  When they finally came I was so overjoyed and proud.  I proudly took a picture and posted on my social media pages. I realize it won't be an overnight thing and it will take time to get clients and to get people talking about abortion, miscarriage and stillbirth/fetal loss. It's a tough touchy subject for both. I sincerely hope I can create a positive conversation and reduce some stigma.

Here is a picture of my new business cards. What do you guys think? If you know anyone in Northeastern Ohio that needs my services, please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment