Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sharing my experience with the world

Recently I had the opportunity to share my abortion experiences with the world.  I shared my experience on The abortion diary podcast, with Dr. Melissa Madera. I don't remember exactly how I found out about the podcast but it was most likely doing a search online for something related to abortion or reproductive rights.
i shared my story to end the stigma and shame surrounding the procedure. And even though I haven't physically supported a woman during a procedure or after I have helped family and friends before but providing a listening ear and reassuring them that their choice is their choice. As a full spectrum doula I realize to be totally transparent sharing my story with people I may come in contact with is an important positive thing. So I post my story here today to end that stigma and silence that millions of woman may have.

Here's the link to my story and any of the other stories on The abortion diary podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment